Vay Fern is an illustrator, with over 30 published children’s books.
With a background in computer science, she diversified into digital art, culminating in more vivid and expressive illustrations. She derives inspiration from observing her nephews and nieces and develops her illustrations from their perspective.
“I depicted through a child’s point of view – I see wonder and humour found in the mundane and daily life are translated into joyful art!”
Awards and Mentions:
- Winner Gourmand World Cookbook Award Series Category 2016 – Hayley’s Happylicious Series by Mohana Gill
- Winner Gourmand World Cookbook Award Chocolate Category 2016 – Hayley’s Madness for Chocolate by Mohana Gill
- Winner Gourmand World Cookbook Award Fruits Category 2016 – Hayley’s Fantastic Fruits by Mohana Gill
- Crystal Kite Award 2014, shortlisted as a finalist – The Seven-legged Spider by Lee Poh Peng
- Malaysia’s Winner Gourmand World Cookbook Award 2010 for Best Vegetarian Cuisine Book – Hayley’s Vegemania Garden by Mohana Gill
- Malaysia’s Winner Gourmand World Cookbook Award 2010 for Best Health and Nutrition Book – Hayley’s Fruitastic Garden by Mohana Gill
- Hayley Series selected by Majlis Buku Kebangsaan Malaysia (MBKM) for submission to the Bologna Ragazzi Award.
- Books listed for 50 Best Malaysian Titles 2011
- Books listed for Best Malaysian Books for International Rights 2012
- Designer’s Weekend 2012
- SEAMEO-SPAFA Art of Illustration for Education Forum 2012
I am available for book signings, appearances, children’s birthday parties and speaking engagements. If you would like to schedule an event with me, please get in touch with me. Would be helpful if you can let me know who you are, the organization or event at which you wish to have me speak, and the date and time of the event. Thank you!